Sunny today with highs near 50 at the base and 40's on the mountain. Winds are picking up with gusts to 50 mph on the mountain tops this afternoon.
For Monday we may have mostly just clouds and gusty winds to 60 mph on the mountain top. The precipitation from the next storm moves in late in the day into the evening. Monday night we are expecting rain and high elevation snow. Snow levels sitting around 7500 feet before falling Tuesday morning after the precipitation has moved out.
We could see 3-6 inches above 8000 feet at high camp, on top of the snow that has been piling up there all week.
Tuesday we clear out with highs in the 40's and continued strong winds as the next storm approaches.
Wednesday into Thursday a two part storm, warm then cold, moves through. This is making for a tricky forecast. We have rain and snow for Wednesday into Wednesday night with snow levels 7000-7500 feet, and then falling below the base Thursday with the storm departing Thursday night.
Initial estimates taking an average of the forecast models on timing and total precip, we could see 8-14 inches at the base once it turns over to snow on Thursday, and 1-3 feet of snow possibly on the mountain from bottom to top. We will fine tune as we get closer and get better model agreement. Hopefully we do get a decent dose of snow in time for opening day on Friday!
Friday we clear out and then for next weekend the forecast models are at odds on whether we could see a warm or cold storm, and if the storm stays to our North or moves South across Central CA. So we will be watching that closely as well to see if we will get another storm next weekend.
The forecast models are also at odds on whether or not we have a quiet weather week for Thanksgiving or more storms. We are right on the edge of an active pattern to our North. The slightest shift in the pattern will make a difference between dry or active weather. Hopefully that becomes clearer this week as well.