Snowboarding News | Friday June 30, 2017 | Shared By: Jackson Hole
Summer is in full swing in Jackson Hole, and the 4th of July holiday is always the unofficial kick off of warm, long days full of endless Teton enjoyment. With so many options in the valley, we wanted to take this opportunity to give you our Get Local Top 10 activities and events for this 4th of July Holiday weekend. Here in no particular order:
1. 2 Nights of Fireworks! And Concerts on the Commons! Teton Village celebrates Independence Days. Yes, that’s days with an “s” because there are two nights of fireworks and music. The fun begins on July 3rd with free live music by Too Slim and the Taildraggers at 8 pm. Fireworks will follow at 10 pm. On July 4th look for Calle Mambo to take the stage in the Village Commons at 8pm followed by fireworks display at 10pm.
2. Run the Snake River whitewater– The Snake River is still cranking high water levels with all the run off from the DEEP winter. The whitewater section is fast, fun and to be extra safe, we suggest booking a trip with Jackson Hole Whitewater. These guys are professionals, and run multiple trips a day to get you your whitewater thrills!https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_6707-1000x750.jpg" alt="" width="920" height="690" srcset="https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_6707-1000x750.jpg 1000w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_6707-580x435.jpg 580w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_6707-768x576.jpg 768w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_6707-140x105.jpg 140w" sizes="(max-width: 920px) 100vw, 920px" />
3. Hike to a cold one– Because a beer always tastes better after you earn it! The hike of choice this 4th of July weekend is the Wildflower trail. This 3.9-mile trail winds up the mountain from the base to the Bridger Gondola, where the staff at The Deck awaits you with a smile and a cold beverage!
4. Head to Jackson Lake – There isn’t a more scenic place to spend warm summer days. Rent a boat, pack a cooler, and make a day of it at Jackson Lake. With hiking trails, restaurants, campgrounds all nearby, this is the perfect launch point for a long weekend.https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20130610_ES_JacksonLake1-1000x563.jpg" alt="" width="920" height="518" srcset="https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20130610_ES_JacksonLake1-1000x563.jpg 1000w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20130610_ES_JacksonLake1-580x326.jpg 580w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20130610_ES_JacksonLake1-768x432.jpg 768w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20130610_ES_JacksonLake1-140x79.jpg 140w" sizes="(max-width: 920px) 100vw, 920px" />
5. Yoga on The Deck – This Saturday, July 1st take your yoga practice outside, on The Deck. Yoga on The Deck is being held Thursdays and Saturdays throughout July and August at 9:30 am. To sign up, click here.https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/yoga-deck-20160804-AS-5465-1000x667.jpg" alt="" width="920" height="614" srcset="https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/yoga-deck-20160804-AS-5465-1000x667.jpg 1000w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/yoga-deck-20160804-AS-5465-580x387.jpg 580w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/yoga-deck-20160804-AS-5465-768x512.jpg 768w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/yoga-deck-20160804-AS-5465-140x93.jpg 140w" sizes="(max-width: 920px) 100vw, 920px" />
6. 4th of July Parade – The annual Chamber of Commerce 4th of July Parade is a great patriotic showing the Jackson Hole Community. Starting at 10am look for the Big Red making its way down the streets of town on Tuesday morning! #ridethetramhttps://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_2090-1000x375.jpg" alt="" width="920" height="345" srcset="https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_2090-1000x375.jpg 1000w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_2090-580x218.jpg 580w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_2090-768x288.jpg 768w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_2090-140x53.jpg 140w" sizes="(max-width: 920px) 100vw, 920px" />
7. Get some new wheels – If you haven’t pulled the trigger on a new 27.5 or 29er mountain bike, now is the time! This holiday weekend through July 10th Hoback Sports is running a Specialized Bike Sale, which is offering 20% off select bikes and accessories.https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Specialized-SummerEvent-2017-1000x563.jpg" alt="" width="920" height="518" srcset="https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Specialized-SummerEvent-2017-1000x563.jpg 1000w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Specialized-SummerEvent-2017-580x326.jpg 580w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Specialized-SummerEvent-2017-768x432.jpg 768w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Specialized-SummerEvent-2017-140x79.jpg 140w" sizes="(max-width: 920px) 100vw, 920px" />
8. Have a sloshie – These delicious alcoholic slurpy beverages seem to be indigenous to Jackson Hole and can be found at many shops throughout the valley. Personal favorites are from the Bodega and Creekside Market – both making their sloshies with fresh ingredients.
9. Try stand up Paddle Boarding on String Lake – SUPing (Stand Up Paddling Boarding) is a fantastic summer past time, and String Lake in Grand Teton National Park is the perfect location to learn. With shallow water and incredible views, this lake does get busy. Get Local tip: arrive to the lake early to find a great piece of waterfront to set up for the day.https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20140729_ES_paddle-board1-1000x667.jpg" alt="" width="920" height="614" srcset="https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20140729_ES_paddle-board1-1000x667.jpg 1000w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20140729_ES_paddle-board1-580x387.jpg 580w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20140729_ES_paddle-board1-768x512.jpg 768w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20140729_ES_paddle-board1-140x93.jpg 140w" sizes="(max-width: 920px) 100vw, 920px" />
10. Disc Golf –The Frisbee Golf Course in Teton Village was recently expanded to 18 holes, and is a fun and free activity at the base of the mountain. Stop by JH Sports to pick up disks and a score card. Best part about Frisbee Golf, from what I can tell, is that the handy little pouches you carry your discs in fits beers quite nicely.https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20170517_173308-1000x563.jpg" alt="" width="920" height="518" srcset="https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20170517_173308-1000x563.jpg 1000w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20170517_173308-580x326.jpg 580w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20170517_173308-768x432.jpg 768w, https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20170517_173308-140x79.jpg 140w" sizes="(max-width: 920px) 100vw, 920px" />
The post Independence Days at JHMR appeared first on Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Blog.