Versatile and stylish performance-based layers feature new fits and designs
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colo. (May 5, 2017) — Smartwool announces the launch of its Fall 2017 apparel line with smarter, more capable designs that transition seamlessly from season to season and activity to activity.
This apparel line transcends its seasonal box with designs that flow from fall into winter and spring effortlessly. Designed for unpredictable weather and spontaneous daily schedules, Smartwool performance-based, comfort-first designs fit the consumer who lives life on the go—running from the train to the bus, venturing out on a lunchtime hike, chasing kids around after work, or skinning up the mountain in moonlight.
The Fall 2017 line provides:
– Exceptional temperature regulation and breathability thanks to premium Merino wool next-to-skin
– Wear more, wash less courtesy of naturally antimicrobial fibers
– Engineered designs that work with other Smartwool® layers as a system
– Packable, travel-ready designs that offer effortless wrinkle resistance
“The pace of our lives has never been faster and consumers simply don’t have the time to change clothes every time their life throws them a curveball,” said Sue Jesch, Smartwool design director. “From technological innovations and product development to real-life, real-people product testing and premium finishing touches, this line highlights thoughtful design that enables consumers to be more comfortable—whether they are doing what they love or what simply needs to get done.”
Highlights of the SmartwoolÒ Fall 2017 line include:
Buttery soft with an interlock jersey knit, the Merino 250 fabric is 100-percent Merino wool. This updated baselayer line also offers two new silhouettes to fit every body: Slim Fit (traditional baselayer fit) and Regular Fit (a more relaxed, everyday style).
· Men’s Merino 250 Baselayer Pattern ¼ Zip, MSRP $110
· Men’s Merino 250 Jogger Bottom, MSRP $115
· Men’s Merino 250 Sport Pattern Hoody, MSRP $160
· Women’s Merino 250 Asym Top, MSRP $115
· Women’s Merino 250 Asym Bottom, MSRP $100
· Women’s Merino 250 Baselayer Pattern Bottom, MSRP $100
Smartwool’s versatile SmartLoft insulation provides thermoregulation and warmth even when wet. Fall 2017 SmartLoft styles work as a system with other Smartwool® layers, building on Merino’s benefits. A new hoody adds depth to the insulated line with a style-forward design and Merino 250 blend lining.
· Men’s Double Propulsion 60 Hoody Vest, MSRP $200
· Men’s Urban Upslope Insulated Reversible Hoody, MSRP $250
· Women’s Double Propulsion 60 Hooded Vest, MSRP $160
· Women’s Propulsion 60 Skirt, MSRP $100
· Women’s Urban Upslope Insulated Reversible Poncho, MSRP $250
The PhD® Light fabric features warmer Merino and polyester, improving dry time and shape retention in high-sweat activities, with new designs. For performance of the highest degree, Smartwool used intensive body-mapping research for gender-specific mesh ventilation zones.
· Men’s PhD® Light Long Sleeve, MSRP $85
· Men’s PhD® Light Wind ½ Zip, MSRP $120
· Men’s PhD® Light Bottom, MSRP $85
· Men’s PhD® Wind Boxer Brief, MSRP $60
· Men’s PhD® Tight, MSRP $110
· Men’s PhD® Seamless 6” Boxer Brief, MSRP $48
· Women’s PhD® Light Long Sleeve, MSRP $85
· Women’s PhD® Printed Tight, MSRP $120
Blending technical and luxurious fabrics, Smartwool® hybrid sweaters make the slopes more fashionable with ski-inspired finishing touches, including a performance insulation, DWR-coating, and premium knits.
· Men’s Ski Ninja Half Zip Sweater, MSRP $180
· Women’s Ski Ninja Full Zip, MSRP $200
Smartwool debuted the Fall 2017 line in January at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market tradeshow in Salt Lake City and the SnowSports Industries America SnowShow in Denver. The line will be available at select specialty outdoor retailers and on www.Smartwool.com in June 2017.
Based in Steamboat Springs, Colo., Smartwool is a 24-year-old apparel brand whose products are inspired by living and playing in the mountains. All Smartwool® products come with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and are created to get the most out of the inherent benefits of Merino wool. For information on the full range of Smartwool® products or to find a dealer near you, please log onto www.smartwool.com. Smartwool, a division of VF Outdoor, LLC, is a brand of VF Corporation. For event and company updates, visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/smartwool and Twitter www.twitter.com/Smartwool.
The post Smartwool Elevates Adventure-Ready Fall 2017 Apparel appeared first on Outdoor Industry Association.