SALT LAKE CITY, UT (March 3, 2015) – From the looks of the crowd gathered to watch 163 snowboarders compete in the 7th Annual ThirtyTwo Day event yesterday, you would think school and work were canceled for the Holiday. Schools weren’t officially closed in honor of the Holiday this year, but maybe they should be next year. Brighton Resort and ThirtyTwo put on this free event to give everyone a chance to celebrate snowboarding with Banked Slalom and Rail Jam contests.
Ranging from a three year-old to a Grandpa, Snowboarders of all ages and experience levels gathered at the base of Milly to celebrate ThirtyTwo Day 2015. Thirteen year-old Jade Thurgood was certainly noticed by the pros as well as the rest of the contest attendees with her backflips in the rail jam. The pros in attendance included Chris Grenier, Scott Stevens, Brandon Hobush, Jeremy Jones and Seth Huot.
ThirtyTwo Day combines the rider’s place in the Banked Slalom event with their place in the Rail Jam for the overall win. ThirtyTwo Team Riders Chris Grenier, Scott Stevens and Brandon Hobush judged the Rail Jam.
Overall ThirtyTwo Day Results:
1. Nick Kolkman
2. Everest Arnold
3. Drew Elm
1. Madison Blackley
2. Hailee Mattingley
3. Stephanie Feld
Banked Slalom Results:
1. Griffin Siebert – 40.68 seconds
2. Seth Hout – 40.90 seconds
3. Everest Arnold – 41.48 seconds
1. Stephanie Feld – 46.43 seconds
2. Gillian Montgomery – 47.82 seconds
3. JeJawn Allen – 47.85 seconds
Rail Jam Results:
2. Nick Kolkman
1. Hailee Mattingley
2. Jade Thurgood
3. Madison Blackley
For the latest on ThirtyTwo and Brighton, connect with the brands here:
· Twitter/Instagram: @ThirtyTwo and @BrightonResort
· The Web: ThirtyTwo.com and brightonresort.com
· Facebook: facebook.com/ThirtyTwo
· Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThirtyTwovideo
Read the full SHOULD SCHOOL BE CANCELLED FOR THIRTYTWO DAY? article on Snowboarder Magazine.