Mountain Hub, a rapidly growing, community-fueled platform for the outdoors, today releases the next generation of its mobile and desktop app. The update for iOS and Android will improve Mountain Hub’s functionality by adding features including adventure tracking, trip reporting, user profiles and free subscriptions for all users.
“Mountain Hub 1.2 is a substantial update that speaks to the direction the company is moving,” says Jim Christian, co-founder and chief product officer at Mountain Hub. “The new adventure tracking and trip report features allow users to share more detailed information with the Mountain Hub community while the collection of free, downloadable maps helps users plan and navigate their adventures. We’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback in beta testing, and we’re excited to get this update out to the public.”
Mountain Hub 1.2 features
· FREE: The app is now completely free for all users. Mountain Hub Pro, a network limited to qualified professionals with additional sharing architecture and advanced features has been made free thanks to a partnership recently signed with Black Diamond Equipment.
· Adventure Tracking: Track your adventures with a real-time map of the area traveled as well as elevation profile, elapsed time, distance and pace stats. Mountain Hub Adventure Tracking automatically overlays your photos along your route to create a map-based journal of your experience.
· Trip Reporting: Share the highlights of your trip with geo-tagged photos, route descriptions, and more. Report conditions encountered during your trip including weather, wildlife, closures, snow/river/trail conditions, and incidents.
· Unlimited Offline Maps: Choose from an array of topo, aerial and terrain maps to use both online and offline. Eighteen different maps are available depending on location.
· User Profile: Whether you are an individual or an organization, view all of your information in one convenient place on your Mountain Hub profile.
Mountain Hub 1.2 also incorporates an updated interface with easier navigation and faster speeds. To download the latest version of Mountain Hub click here for iOS and here for Android.
Please direct media inquiries to Account Manager Sam Coffey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Mountain Hub: Mountain Hub is a crowd-sourced information network for the outdoors that inspires people to discover, experience and share their adventures. Mountain Hub’s mission is to inspire safe, responsible adventure and connect the outdoor community. Mountain Hub was founded by a passionate group of outdoor enthusiasts from MIT, who packed their bags and headed west to pursue their dream in 2015. The company is based in Park City, Utah. www.mountainhub.com
The post Mountain Hub Offers Crowd-sourced Information Platform for Outdoor Adventure appeared first on Outdoor Industry Association.