It doesn't take a genius to figure out that a clean, well-tuned snowboard is going to ride better than an old beater. To put together your own tuning station isn't all that hard and it will keep your board from poohing out when you need it most. Here is a list of the essential things you will need to build your own work station:
1. A clean work area that you can throw some plastic on the floor and go to town.
2. A platform to secure your snowboard down while you work on it.
3. Waxing equipment. An electric iron for wax and p-tex situations. Wax, plastic scraper, and p-tex candles are all a must. Other brushes and clothes can help a little, but for the everyday rider it ain't all that.
4. A file for edge work is a must. But you are also going to need a stone to polish up the edges and put the finishing touches on.
5. Screwdrivers and extra binding hardware.
There are a lot of other bonus tools that you can pick-up at your local shop. But the preceeding list represents the essentials. Most everything can be done with those items. For more info check out Tuning Gear Guide.