';

Snowboarding Forums

Snowboarding.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:55 pm 

Hello everybody,I'm a Chinese ski amateur and I live in Beijing. I have skied for many years,but as the matter of fact,I love snowborad inside of my heart, so, I have decided to buy a snowboard and alternate to snowboard in the future. but I meet some problem when I choosing the snowboard, here is the thing.

Neither ski or snowboard, they are just become popular in china, especially the snowboard, it's still a minority sports in china. Therefore, there are only one snowboard forum in China. Besides,this forum has some ralation with Chinese biggest snowboard dealer, which sells Never Summer's snowboards in major, as the result of that, people in this forum will always recommend Never Summer's product for u. With all due respect, this forum helps me a lot and people are nice there, but i really need more advices than NS Copra, NS Chairman and NS Ripsaw, still less, NS is a niche brand after all.

So, please help me to choose a snowboard, many thanks!

First is some basic information. I'm male, 26 years old, 172cm and 70kg. I do workout, so I'm not fat. since I'm a rookie in snowboard, so I haven't figure out what specializations should I choose yet, so I perfer to choose a all mountain & freestyle snowboard. (I really enjoying to watch people juming)

Then is the snowboard. Burton seems to be the biggest brand in snowboard world, custom flying V seems has a great balance on all kind of characteristics, so it's become my first choice. but, does this one kinda too luxurious for me?

The second choice is Flow's Viper. My friend told me Flow is the second large snowboard brand in the world, but Flow is very very hard to seen in China. The advantage of Viper is cheap and friendly to beginners. But I'm worry about its too soft and too friendly to beginners. I mean, I have ski and longboard experiences, so I believe I will pass amateur phase in a short time. I don't want to see the snowboard couldn't meet my requirement only after a few months.

As mentioned earlier, ski and snowboard are emerging sports in China, plus the weather condition, snow parks in beijing can not compare with US and Euro, for instance, the biggest snow park in Beijing Nanshan Snow Resort, it has 25 lanes, length between 200~1000m, but only two of them are black. except Nanshan, the others only normally have 6~10 lanes, length are less than 500m. So, complex snow condition is not very necessary to consideration for me.

That's all, please give me some advices, thank you guys! if you have any question about china's situtation, I'd like to answer them at anytime!

Cheers.